As a college student, you usually have a hectic schedule and little time to spare. Ordering pizza may be a regular event in your life. Rather than buying pizza, it’s much cheaper to make your own.
Making your own homemade pizza isn’t as difficult as you may think. The best part is you can add the toppings you enjoy most or make do with whatever you already have available. The following homemade pizza is versatile, tasty and easy to make.
To make this pizza, you will need the following equipment:
- kitchen scale
- measuring jug
- mixing bowl
- rolling pin
- baking sheet
It may feel like you have to splash out a lot to buy this equipment if you haven’t already got it. Remember that once you have bought these items, they will last for ages, and they are all items you need if you’re going to start making your own meals.
Ingredients for two large pizzas
For the pizza dough
- 225g plain flour (and a little extra to roll out the dough)
- 2 tsp (5g) dried yeast
- ½ tsp (3g) salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 120ml warm water
For the pizza sauce
- 500g jar tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Garlic clove
For the pizza topping
- 200g grated mozzarella cheese
- Other toppings of your choice (sliced mushrooms, olives, pepperoni, peppers, etc.)
Time to cook pizza and write essays
If you want to find the time for making meals like pizza for college students, it can help to contact the professionals at EduBirdie. The write me an essay” is a request these professional writers often receive from the school and college students.
They will write a quality, 100% plagiarism-free essay for you within the required deadline. This provides you with a good example of academic writing that can help you to improve your own writing skills and give you more time to cook.
- Mix the flour, yeast and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture and add the olive oil and half the water, stirring well with a wooden spoon.
- Keep adding small amounts of water until you can feel the dough forming. If the mixture is too sticky, add more flour. If it’s too dry, add more water.
- Tip the dough onto a surface lightly dusted with flour. Knead it until it’s soft and elastic.
- Cover the dough with a dish towel and leave it for about an hour. It should double in size.
- While it’s proving, you can start preparing the pizza sauce. Start by finely chopping the clove of garlic. Decant the tin of tomato sauce, and add the fresh garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Grate the cheese and slice all the toppings.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Once the dough has proved, divide it into two portions.
- Lightly dust a rolling pin with flour and roll out the two pieces on a floured surface. Turn the dough while rolling it to prevent it from sticking. Try to roll the dough thin enough so that it will cook all the way through.
- Place the rolled-out dough onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Pour half the sauce onto each pizza base. Spread it out evenly using the base of a spoon.
- Add the rest of the toppings and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the pizzas in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven when the crust is golden brown.
This recipe is very versatile, and you can use it to make calzones, mini pizzas and pizza cups. You can also triple up the recipe and hold a pizza party. Make the dough ahead of time, and everyone can have fun adding their own toppings. This is a really chilled thing to do with your mates. It is also a super-easy way to keep everyone happy – whether they are meat eaters or vegetarians.
Making your own homemade pizza may just become a weekly ritual while you’re in college. The above pizza recipe is quick, easy and delicious. The best part is that you can change it up with the toppings you use.
When your budget is limited, you can use what you already have available. When you want to splurge, you can buy all your favorite toppings. There’s never a wrong pizza topping – it all depends on your taste buds.
Nate Joseland is a top-rated academic writer and a vlogger. She loves covering various subjects, but her favorites are science and technology, business and economics. For her video channel, she creates content around domestic travel and food. Her free time is for walking on the beach and hitting the gym for an intense workout.