Follow this easy recipe for a fun and quirky way to turn a couple of Big Macs into a pizza.
Fill your pizza with beef patties, fries, cheese, Big Mac® sauce, and onions.
This recipe is so good that it might have you yelling, “I’m loving it!” (McDonald’s slogan).
Why We Love A Big Mac Pizza
McDonald’s Happy Meals and bright colorful restaurants were the highlight of many of our childhoods.
McDonald’s signature Big Mac is very tasty on its own. Incorporating a couple of Big Macs into a pizza is a surefire way to have a tongue-gasm.
You can follow this recipe together with your kids for a fun kitchen activity.
They will love that this Big Mac pizza has two layers of pizza dough – just like the Big Mac’s classic two tiers.
The sesame seed pizza crust which looks just like a hamburger bun will also really excite them!
What You Will Need
- 2 store-bought pizza dough balls
- 1 packet of cheese slices
- 6 Big Mac® burgers
- 6 dipping cups of Big Mac® sauce
- 1 packet of McDonald’s fries
- 1 white onion, diced
- ½ a cup of mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp of sesame seeds
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1 egg
- Baking steel
- Rolling pin
- Kitchen knife
- Chopping board
- Small bowl
How to Make A Big Mac Pizza
Step 1: Prepare The Dough
Roll one of the store-bought pizza dough balls into your desired round shape. Make sure to roll it out on a baking steel. Once the dough is ready, use a spoon to evenly spread 3 dipping cups worth of the Big Mac® sauce over it.
Step 2: Filling
Drizzle your diced white onion over the sauce. Use as many beef patties from your Big Mac® burgers as it takes to evenly cover your pizza dough surface. Place one cheese slice over each of your beef patties.
Step 3: Second Pizza Dough Layer
Roll the second pizza dough ball into a round shape larger than the first pizza dough layer. Place it over the filling. Use your fingers to stick the edges of the two different pizza dough layers together.
Step 4: Topping
Spread 3 dipping cups worth of Big Mac® sauce over the second pizza dough layer. Add your half-cup of mozzarella cheese. Slice the remaining beef burger patties into quarters to use as toppings. Add the fries and cut-up cheese slices.
Step 5: Sesame Seed Crust
Whisk your egg in a small bowl. Use your fingers to spread the whisked egg on the exposed crust. Gently sprinkle sesame seeds all over the exposed crust. The egg lets the sesame seeds stick to the crust.
Step 6: Bake
Bake at 425°F for 20 minutes.
Step 7: Serve
Drizzle shredded lettuce over your baked pizza. Sprinkle the last dipping cup of Big Mac® sauce over the shredded lettuce to serve.
Note: This Big Mac® Pizza uses readymade sauce, fries, and beef patties from McDonald’s.
Tips and Tricks
- You don’t have to roll the first pizza dough layer perfectly. Make the edges a bit messy so that it stick easily to the second layer later on.
- To save time and effort, you can make this pizza the traditional way using only one layer of pizza dough. Make the fillings toppings instead.
- For a gourmet twist, make this Big Mac pizza a calzone pizza. A calzone pizza is a folded pizza, where what would typically be toppings are encased inside the dough. Instead, you make the topping into a filling and shape pizza dough like a closed pocket.
Note: Simply bake after Step 2! Add more filling so it’s juicy. Don’t forget to sprinkle sesame seeds over the crust for a nice touch.
- You don’t necessarily need to visit McDonald’s for this recipe. Maybe you are vegan or vegetarian or have allergies, or you’d simply like to prepare your own food from scratch.
- For starters, here is a recipe for a homemade Big Mac Copycat sauce. You can also substitute the Big Mac® patties for plant-based patties, homemade beef patties, or ground beef.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Big Mac® sauce made of?
We can’t be too sure because its recipe was a trade secret for years. The best way to enjoy Big Mac® sauce’s unforgettable flavor is to buy some for yourself at a McDonald’s restaurant or drive-through. You can also get some through the MyMcDonald’s App or through McDelivery.
Some great Big Mac copycat sauce recipes exist, like this one. The ingredients are mayo, relish, ketchup, onion, sugar, and vinegar.
How should I store my Big Mac® pizza?
Store your Big Mac® pizza by putting it in the fridge. Don’t leave it at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
If you’re pre-cooking your Big Mac® pizza, put it in the fridge or freezer before adding the shredded lettuce and dressing it with Big Mac® sauce. Add these when you’re serving.
How should I reheat my Big Mac® pizza?
It’s best to reheat your pizza using the oven. Your microwave is a great alternative too!
There you go: Big Mac® burgers made into two delicious pizza layers. If you can pick up ingredients from McDonald’s beforehand, this dish is quick and easy to prepare. Preparing it is a great group activity too.
Enjoy this beautifully messy Big Mac Pizza!
Big Mac Pizza Recipe
Turn your Big Mac® burgers into a delicious McPizza!
2 store-bought pizza dough balls
1 packet of cheese slices
6 Big Mac® burgers
6 dipping cups of Big Mac® sauce
1 packet of McDonald’s® fries
1 white onion, diced
½ a cup of mozzarella cheese, grated
2 tbsp of sesame seeds
1 cup of shredded lettuce
- On your baking steel, roll one store-bought pizza dough balls into your desired round shape.
- Use a spoon to evenly spread 3 dipping cups of Big Mac® sauce over the rolled-out dough.
- Drizzle diced white onion over the sauce.
- Evenly cover your pizza dough surface with beef patties from your Big Mac® burgers.
- Place a cheese slice over each beef patty.
- Roll the second pizza dough ball into a round shape larger than the first pizza dough layer.
- Place the second layer over the filling.
- Use your fingers to stick the edges of the two different pizza dough layers together.
- Spread 3 dipping cups of Big Mac® sauce over the second pizza dough layer.
- Sprinkle a half-cup of mozzarella cheese over the second pizza dough layer.
- Slice the remaining beef patties into quarter slices.
- Place these quarter slices over the mozzarella cheese for topping.
- Place all the fries over the pizza for more topping.
- Cut up the remaining cheese slices into small pieces.
- Whisk one egg in a small bowl.
- Spread the egg with your fingers on the exposed crust.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds all over the exposed crust.
- Bake at 425°F for 20 minutes.
- Drizzle shredded lettuce over the baked pizza.
- Sprinkle one dipping cup of Big Mac® sauce over the shredded lettuce to serve.
Barbara is an enthusiastic food-exploring person that goes through different culinary experiences. She got inspired by creating a pizza blog post after she tasted one of the best-selling pizzas in Toledo.